Hey Dear, today we are talking about positivity! I am all for positivity and we as women need that more than ever!
WHAT IS A DAILY AFFIRMATION?
A daily affirmation is a short, specific statement to help you restructure your mindset.
They are typically a powerful phrase in the present tense.
They’re used to help you overcome limiting beliefs and replace them with positivity and gratitude.
HOW DO THEY WORK?
Practicing daily affirmations isn’t as mystical as we thought. It’s really about taking those negative thoughts we’ve all had and flipping them.
IT’S IMPORTANT TO IDENTIFY OUR THOUGHTS, WORDS, AND BELIEFS BECAUSE THESE 3 THINGS MAKE UP OUR REALITY.
For example, I used to feel like I fell short of others and compare myself. As we all know – it’s usually not that simple.
So I changed the thought of “Man, you’re not good enough & will always stink at this” to “I’m uniquely made by God, and He has a plan to give me prosperity of hope.”
You can really use a positive affirmation on any negative or limiting belief you’re holding onto.
DO POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS REALLY WORK?
I think so. As we grow up, we’re taught certain beliefs by our parents, friends & surroundings that may not be true. We can be brainwashed to believe things like:
- I’m not good enough to do XYZ.
- wanting money is evil
- I never can catch a break.
- girls/boys can’t…
- I’m not smart enough to XYZ.
- I’ll never have XYZ because my parents didn’t.
These are just a few examples of all the things we tell ourselves. We might not even know we have limiting beliefs because we just accept them as truth.
Since our lives and actions are affected by these beliefs, it stands to reason that replacing these beliefs would also affect our actions and lives. Which is why I believe positive affirmations definitely work.
DAILY LIST OF POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS FOR WOMEN
These are my favorite positive affirmations for women.
You’ll see there is a mixture of gratitude, faith and worthiness mixed into my personal list; I feel like many women struggle with all 3 of these topics. I hope they help you see just how wonderful and strong you really are.
YOU ARE WELCOME TO USE ANY OF THESE AND CUSTOMIZE THEM TO YOUR NEEDS.
I RECOMMEND ONLY CHOOSING AFFIRMATIONS THAT YOU REALLY CONNECT WITH.
MY DAILY POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS FOR WOMEN
- People are innately good.
- I’m a child of God; I am enough.
- I am worthy of love and belonging.
- My life is moving forward perfectly. Each bump in the road is there for a reason. Everything is happening according to a greater plan.
- I greet each day with laughter and a grateful heart.
- I feel secure in who I am and do not need to compare myself to others.
- I have everything I need to hit my goals. I was designed for a great purpose.
- Life is happening for me – not to me.
- I increase my energy by choosing to love rather than judge. I expand my energy by giving love, receiving love, and promoting love.
- I’m strong and courageous, and I do the work. I’m not afraid because God is with me, and it is His will. I will succeed.
- I have been blessed too much to be grumpy, greedy or sad.
AFFIRMATIONS ABOUT MONEY
- The money I desire is on its way to me.
- I am available to receive and create the financial abundance I desire.
- I am good at managing money. I earn money passively through my skills versus my time.
- My desires are not only available, they are already here.
- I choose to let go of fear & doubt towards my financial goals. Instead, I chose to be in gratitude that my desired result is already here and ready to be received by me.
ADDITIONAL LIST OF DAILY POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS
- I am improving in every way each day.
- I am in gratitude for my many blessings.
- I am open to positive opportunities and surprises today.
- I am at peace and trust the process happening in my life.
- I radiate love and kindness, and that is reflected back to me.
- By allowing myself to be happy, I inspire others to be as well.
- I communicate clearly what I need to those in my life.
- Success comes naturally to me.
- I am fully present and confident in my future.
- I am persistent and can accomplish anything I set my mind to.
- I accept of whole self and love myself deeply and completely.
- I am aware of my my emotions and can let them go without getting attached to them.
- Every part of me vibrates with energy and health.
CAN YOU USE BIBLE VERSES? IS THIS OKAY FOR CHRISTIANS?
Okay – So maybe I’m the only weirdo out there that gets a little uncomfortable with Christianity and the Law of Attraction, meditation and positive affirmations.
Maybe it’s being in the South or just how I was raised, but when I share I buy into the idea of “we are what we think about,” it sometimes doesn’t go over too well.
So while I’m not a theologian or anything close – here’s my take on it when it comes to positive affirmations.
I THINK BIBLE VERSES AND POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS CAN GO HAND-IN-HAND.
We’re so conditioned into our negative beliefs by circumstances and people that sometimes we forget we’re more precious to God than rubies.
SO BIBLE VERSES CAN EITHER BE YOUR POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS OR OFFER SUPPORT TO WHAT YOU’RE TELLING YOURSELF IS TRUE.
EXAMPLE 1: JEREMIAH 29:11-12:
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.
This verse tells me that when I say “I am meant for great things,” it’s true.
EXAMPLE 2: 2 TIMOTHY 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.
This tells me that when I say, “I am powerful,” or “I am love” that it is true.
EXAMPLE 3: ROMANS 5:8
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
I saved the biggest punch to the heart for the end. When I say, “I am worthy,” “I am loved” or “Everything is happening according to a greater plan” I’m backed by this verse and my Savior.
AN IMPORTANT NOTE:
Finding affirmations in these verses implies that I am leaning on God. I am listening, praying, reading His word and trying my best to be obedient.
Each affirmation means something and should include “if it’s in His will” in some scenarios – but Romans 5:8 shows us that He loves us no matter what, and that means – we’re enough.
HOW DO YOU WRITE POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS?
Now that you’ve read over a few daily affirmations, you may have found a few you connect with already.
The most powerful affirmations are the ones closest to you though.
So I want to outline how to write positive affirmations specific to what your mind and heart need to hear.
3 STEPS TO WRITE A DAILY LIST OF POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS
1. CREATE A LIST OF YOUR LIMITING BELIEFS
This includes insecurities or phrases including I can’t, I should, I never, I’m trying to….
2. NOW, CROSS OUT EACH LIMITING BELIEF 1 AT A TIME AND REWORD IT AS A POSITIVE.
For example if you’ve always told yourself, “I cannot fail! If I fail, I will be humiliated!” You may reword this to be “Failure is a part of every life. I am growing and learning everyday.”
3. SPEAK THE NEW AFFIRMATION OUT LOUD WHEN YOU WAKE UP AND BEFORE YOU GO TO BED.
You’ve probably held onto the insecurities or negative beliefs listed as number one for years! It’s going to take time to reprogram your mindset.
You want the new thought to be top of mind — so repeating it when you wake up and before bed will help it sink it.
OTHER TIPS TO WRITING AFFIRMATIONS
- Always write in present tense (I am…I can…)
- Keep it short & specific
- Stay in the positive.
- Include how you feel in the new thought
- Only write affirmations for yourself – not others. After all, we can only control our thoughts; not others.
HOW DO YOU PRACTICE POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS?
Be aware of your limiting thoughts.
If you find yourself saying: can’t, should, always, never, suck, wish, want, one day, or I’m trying to – it’s likely attached to a limiting belief! It’s time to re-work that thought.
HERE ARE A FEW EXAMPLES OF REWRITING A NEGATIVE THOUGHT:
|I can’t afford it.||I’m able to create the financial abundance I desire.|
|Money is out of reach.||Money is all around me. It’s in abundance to be received.|
|I have to do it on my own.||Delegation helps me accomplish more and stress less.|
I’m not enough to hit my goals.
You have everything you need to hit your goals and were designed for a great purpose.
Once you have your list of positive affirmations, repeat them to yourself upon waking and before bed. Set a goal to do this for 21 days and adapt them as you need.
After the 21 days, keep going! It’s becoming a habit!
BENEFITS OF USING A LIST OF POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS DAILY
So now you have a daily list of positive affirmations, I’m happy to tell you I’ve noticed some real benefits in my mindset!
DAILY POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS HELP ME:
- Keep my goals top of mind.
- Feel more confident and at peace.
- Remember I am worthy of love just as I am.
- Stay motivated towards my goals.
- Focus on positivity and gratitude.
- Acknowledge and let go of negative feelings.
- Build mental clarity & focus.
- Develop stronger relationships and improve my communication.
- Feel happier!